22 September 2010

Pictures


Finally I took some pictures to upload.

A top I made tonight. Black walnut and a hard wood dowel. I wish I had made the stem a bit slimmer. Maybe next time.





Tonight I also made a pen out of holly. I turned captured ring on this one. While sanding the main barrel of the pen I bumped the ring a bit to hard and caused it to split. A little CA glue fixed it up. I will have to be more careful next time.


Here is a picture of an egg shaped kaleidoscope made of purple heart. I am fairly pleased with the way this turned out. I wish I had put more of the jewel/colors on the inside. I put about half of what came with the kit. I think 3/4 would make it more fun.



This is a small black walnut bowl. I it only has one coat of oil on it, thus the lack of sheen. I wanted this to be more of a utilitarian bowl and like the feel of the wood. Lots of oil or poly makes it feel more like plastic to me.



This is a bracelet I made of purple heart. It is finished with gloss polyurethane. Hopefully the poly finish will hold up to some light wear and tear.



Last but not least is the finished cedar bowl. It turned out rather nicely. It has about 10 coats of high gloss tung oil and then buffed to a finish. There are two cracks that were repaired with CA glue. The grain looks really nice with the oiled finish. There are some places that it gets curly and swirly. The last photo should give some idea of the size of the bowl. I will make more notes on this bowl at a later date.






Well now you are caught up on my most recent turnings. There are a several other bowls and pens have been given away.

An update on the shop... then Annex interior should be walled off and window installed.

Hopefully I will stay more current with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment